U.S. Pegwood and Shank Co.
Tripp's Lodge and Camps

A Little History…

The Flying Eagle Lodge” was built in 1854 by Putnam Rolfe, Princeton’s first town clerk. “Put” was the son of Charles Rolfe (Princeton’s founder), who named the town after his own birthplace in Princeton, MA. After serving as a private residence for 20 years or so, “The Flying Eagle Lodge” was then sold to A.N. Rose Co. who used the building as an Inn for 5 years and operated a small mill on the waterfront. In the late 1800’s the property was again sold. This time to U.S. Pegwood and Shank Co., who operated the mill until it was destroyed by fire in the early 1940’s. “Buck” and Lois Tripp sold their farm in Harmony, Maine and bought the property in 1946. The Tripps’ opened their newfound business as the “Put Rolfe Home for Sportsmen“, they later changed the name to “Tripp’s Lodge and Camps” in the 1950’s. In 1980 the business was taken over by the Tripp’s daughter, Betty and her husband Charles Field. In 1996, the Fields turned over the reigns to Gary and Jennifer Dubovick who owned and ran the beatufiul lodge for 25 years as The Lakeside. In 2021, The Lakeside was sold to Bob Karr and Adeline Boey and it was re-named as THE FLYING EAGLE LODGE under this new ownership .  The new Flying Eagle Lodge’s owners along with its New Innkeepers, Amanda Woodruff and Micah Diffin, are looking forward to carrying on the history and tradtition of the property.    

The Flying Eagle Lodge” will continue to be an Historical and Traditional Country Inn with “camps”; preserving a bygone era of classic Maine lodging. Our guests enjoy comfortable accomodations, great fishing, beautiful scenery and warm New England hospitality.